Mother's Day!

20:45


Happy Mother's Day.

Mothers day is a day where you shower all your love on the women who have influenced your life. I am lucky (and greedy) enough to say I live with two very influential ladies! My Mama(grandmother) has lived with me my whole life and I can honestly say she is my best friend!

She and my mother have both influenced my love of fashion and the importance of home sewing.

Beautiful fabrics, such as the ones my grandmother used to wear were too beautiful to just chuck away. Upcycling is a passion of mine and I've enjoyed experimenting with what I have come across.

I thought it would be nice to show to items of clothing i made from her old, but lovely printed suits.  For me, its a way of carrying on a bit of her fashion style, but into a more modern look.

Light blue vest top.




The plain shaped vest top with a lower area on the back(to cover your bottom) is super comfortable, and works well with leggings or jeans.

Floral, open vest top.




 This vest top is a lot like the other, the only difference is that the overall shape is much more open. It was cut larger than my body is from the bottom of my arms, all the way to the ends. This then created a loose feel top, great for summer, but also when tucked into high waisted trousers or skirts, there would be more ruffles.

Mum's swag.

Ive been known as the girl who wears her Grandma's cardigans and her mums old jumpers! There's something about the bagginess of them and the sheer comfort when wearing them that I cannot get enough of. There are some things that never go out of fashion, and I've managed to get a hold of two pieces of clothing that are lifesavers during this chilly period.

Baggy cardigans,









 This snug cardigan had 3 simple colours, giving you the opportunity to play around with statement make up to jazz up the look.







                         









































Mums baggy, blue jumper.






It just shows that I'm always been a sucker for a snug jumper :)



Mum's stunning blue jumper, hand made by my nan (mum's mum) is just gorgeous! I can't tell you how many compliments I get when i wear this bad boy!



I hope you guys have enjoyed this short, but playful mothers day shoot of mine. Fitting in 4 looks was a lot of fun, but it also meant that i couldn't go on forever about them all.

I hope I've inspired you to rummage through your mums old clothes and try to incorporate them to your current wardrobe!









From me and Mr horsy, Happy Mother's Day!!!

Love Priii x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook