Purple lehnga

05:14




Hey, guys!
Soooooo, wedding season has begun and the first one to hit me was my cousins :). For obvious reasons, I HAD to make my own outfits, or atlas showcase ones that I had already made. This shimmery, beetroot purple lehnga took forever to design and make but in the end, I was super proud. I showcased this outfit at the pre-wedding party as there were more outfits to rock for the other events. 

Let's begin with this one. 

Split sleeve lehenga top

I wanted the sleeves of the top to match the 'flowyness' of the lehnga skirt, so I decided to keep the sleeve open from the armpit down. Much more easier to dance in. The sweetheart underlining matches the fabric of the skirt, but also highlights the golden print of the fabric I chose. 




The perfect, purple skirt

I found this fabric inside my mothers special treasure chest of fabrics from years ago and it wasn't hard falling in love with it. I new that with the weight and shimmer of the fabric, it would be perfect for a 'panelled' lehenga skirt.
To tie the skirt with the top, I then cut out separate flowers from the fabric and then attached this onto the top part of the skirt, giving every panel one each. 
Adding a heavy border to the bottom of your skirt adds weight and also adds detail. 


Chooni (dupatta) 

There were many ways I could make my matching chooni for this outfit, however something different had to created. I didnt want something that would hide the detail of the top, but something that would help tie to outfit together as a whole. By using netted fabric as the middle area of my chooni, it was see-through enough to still see everything underneath it. Having two matching panels at the end of each side of the chooni showing the printed fabric was a clever way to add detail to the skirt whenever the chooni played over it. 

\



Rustic, gold earrings and simple bangles
By styling my hair up, this then opened an opportunity for me to wear long, dangly earrings. 
There is a lot of detail on my sleeves so I kept it simple with two bangles each side.




Purple shoes to match 



Hair

My hairstyle literally took me 5 minutes to do! I curled my hair earlier on and then let it rest for a couple of hours. I then created a high, slicked back ponytail and then pulled out a few of my hairs around my ears to help soften the look. The last thing to do was to separate my hair into two separate ponytails. Holding one side loosely, I then began to wrap the hair around the other. I then wrapped the other ponytail around the new bun shape, but this time making sure that ponytail secures the shape and holds in all loose hairs. This is then secured with one thin elastic that is placed in the centre of the bun, and then SEVERAL bobby pins to make sure nothing comes out on the dance floor. 



Makeup

Purple lip, Golden eyelids, and winged eyeliner. Yep, that'll do. 









 I hope you enjoyed this blog outfit as much as I did modelling it :P.

stay tuned for more!

Always, 

Pri xxx





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The color is not actually purple nor you can call it a lehenga but the outfit looks pretty on you Priya!

    designer pendants
    diamond pendant sets

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook