Vaisakhi vaadaiya

15:02

Hey guys! Happy Vaisakhi!

For those who are not aware of what Vaisakhi is, it's the beginning of the Sikh new year and the beginning of the crop harvest. 
In honour of this, I had to design an outfit and there was no other colour to wear but the beautiful Khalsa orange.

Shall we begin?


My favourite colour

A punjabi styled outfit has to be a salwar kameez. Tight fitted 'dress like' top with an 'Ali baba' trouser appearance. I love this fit and it's a fashion choice that will never go away. 


Red ribbon detail to add an A line shape to the top. 


Fiery neckline

The typical neckline you see on a suit is usually rounded or squared but this outfit needed something special. This outfit is 'on fire'... so why not show off the flames? 




Criss cross back

I wanted the front neckline to resemble the back but with a little more detail. A criss cross lace pattern fits in well and compliments the ribbon detail.






Plain Chooni

You don't need a heavy design on the chooni (scarf) for this outfit because the fabric is rich in design. It could have been orange, green or even yellow because of the detailing, but a plain orange one with little specs of gold works the best.



I love flats

I love my flats and whats better than having ones that match perfectly? Nothing. It's a good thing I have a pair in every colour. 



Braids and curly locks

A tied up hair do would be best for an outfit that has detailing on the back but I can't resist a girly hair do. A mixture of braids and loose curls is what I like best at the moment.




Accessories, please

I wanted to go for my orange and gold pair of earrings but this would overdo the outfit. A bit of gold detailing it much better.


Here's a simple orange bindi to add to the makeup. 


Do they match?

Some simple bangles for you.




Mehndi by me

I've taken up henna designing and couldn't resist practising on my hand for Vaisakhi. 
What do you guys think?

IF you like what you see, then check out my latest Henna videos on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee1IbEtr6Cg






  Farewell to you for now, my darlings. I'm off to do some more henna designing. 
Happy Vaisakhi to you all!

Always,

Pri xxx




Salwar kameez: Priya Renoo Designs
Shoes: Unze
Earrings: Primark
Bangles: India
Henna design: Priya Renoo Designs

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook